I'm sitting on my couch, reading blogs. My cousin Marie is hilarious and I want her to spend less time on people.com so I better spend a little more time blogging. I want to blog but can always think of an excuse or hundred. Andy took some pictures of our house at the 95% finished stage for me on Sunday. For any of you that know us at all, this means that the house will most likely remain at this stage for quite some time. Andy does 95% and then he seems to have enough done that he doesn't worry about it too much anymore -- I'm not saying Andy is bad, or in any sense of the word. He is 110% amazing, this just happens to be one of his quirks. In reality, he did 95% of the work I should find a way to finish up the last 5% myself which would be more than fair. I have NO practical home repair, remodel, finish up, touch-up skills though and so I just wait for my honey. By the way, Andy and I have been married for 11 years on Saturday! Last year for our 10th anniversary we went to New York. This year we are choosing to have dinner, a movie and then a WHOLE bunch of yard time. I'm hoping to get our garden planted on Saturday. I'm so excited to grow a few things. I'm not going to plant peas, carrots or beans this year. Leave the room for squash (in many varieties), tomatoes, potatoes, cucumbers and peppers. All the ingredients you need for some salsa! Our sprinklers are in major need of repair. I think we dub up 4 plus lines when we dug out our new basement. Our front yard is full of dirt, cement and nails. I'm currently paying the girls 5 cents a nail -- seems much cheaper than if I have to pay for an emergency room visit for a nail through the foot. I think my brother, Paul, is currently the only one that has done that but my children do not feel they have a need to wear shoes when they wander the yard. I hear there is a really strong magnet you can buy to get them up -- might have to buy one and see how it works.
Kyler just woke up - nothing like a wake up time of 10:17 am. I guess this means that I need to start getting ready for the day. I keep thinking to myself that I will get myself ready for the day earlier but a few minutes to sit on the couch with laptop and the world wide web is such a peaceful thing for me.
A few pictures . . . they aren't great but hopefully in a few more weeks we will have the move completed and it will all be over . . . can't wait!
The deck is the current major project left to finish. It seems like the theory/plan of how it is going to be finished changes every week or two. I think it is the only think making it so we wouldn't pass a final inspection.
Our home had scaffolding around it for almost six weeks. I'm so glad we are currently scaffolding free. I'm going to love it when this picture can include flowers, green grass and less dirt. I think it turned out pretty well . . .

6 comments:
No, no, Tina. You are hilarious. and you posted! it's a miracle! and because of your post, i am here on your blog instead of at people.com. so, see? you are doing some good in the world. and your comment was AWESOME! way to be. it was novel-like, and very appreciated. i'm going to have to think of some things so i can leave a very long comment, too. your house is looking extremely beautiful. awesome. can't wait to see it! love ya.
did you end up redoing your front porch? it now looks like cement?? way to post. way to sleep in kyler so your mom could let the world see a few beautiful pics of your house. your closet looks huge and would be so fun to fill up with clothes.
you house doesn't even look the same! wow! Sounds like you'll have a pretty cool garden. I keep trying to get one going, but I just can't figure it out down here, so I water and water all summer and get nothing. Last year I did have quite a few peas and radishes, but this year I planted them and life went crazy so I never watered them so none of them grew. I'm a horrible gardener, but I keep trying, maybe someday I will figure it out! I may have to come and raid yours! :-)
Wow!!! Your house looks great. You know how I love brick, it's a great color too.
I have it on good authority that Andy hasn't given up on it yet. Although extremely tired of the remodel, and little desire to work on it anymore, his mind is still churning away on what needs to be done, how to do it, and how long it can be left alone until someone (Tina) screams about it. :-)
Wow Tina. The brick looks fabulous. We'll have to stop and check out the addition when we come down for the family campout.
Post a Comment