Sunday, May 3, 2009
A Pregnancy Analogy . . .
Remodeling is a lot like pregnancy I have decided. At first, you don't really notice much of a problem, just a little sickness from the cost of the ordeal. Gradually things get worse - life becomes more and more uncomfortable. Then at the end, you are willing to do about anything to have the ordeal end. Then after all is said and done you still feel a little bit of after labor . . . . ! We are currently at the after labor part. The brick is 100% finished and is my favorite part. The final electric and plumbing are about 90% complete (we had to get our septic pumped before they could tie into it). The blinds are up and Andy keeps commenting on how nice it is to not feel like we are a part of the outside world. I'm hoping that on Monday we will have gutters (would have been really nice yesterday -- I think we had about 5 inches of rain), finish touch-up paint, stucco on the gable, various scaffolding remove from the yard, the garbage bin removed (the porta-potty went on Thursday), closet rods installed and coving in the bedroom that still needs it. Andy set up the girls beds in their future bedrooms (in the middle of the rooms so the final work could continue) and they have slept in them for three gratifying nights. I was hoping to accomplish so much more yesterday but I seemed to take two steps forward and three steps back. We do have beds for guests again ready -- we are back to two queens. If any guests came they would currently have to sign a release of liability before entering either of the rooms. Not quite bed and breakfast status for sure. Andy installed Taylei's window well for her old room yesterday. While he was down in the hole the heavens seemed to open and burst on top of him. The witnesses to the event said it was just like a faucet -- I would have been screaming in such a manner that the paramedics would have arrived. I only accept hot water on my body. His greatest success of the day was the cleaning of the garage. We were kicked out of it about two weeks ago when the brick scaffolding went up. Andy spent a long time cleaning, sweeping, spraying and I hope dejunking it. The garage is a beautiful place to park. Maybe tomorrow the last of the scaffolding will be down and I can post a few pictures. I know a need to repent from my lack but the excuses are long and no one really likes to hear them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow... tina? cousin tina? is that really you?!?!? welcome back! congratulations on the removal of the portapotty and all other marvelous developments. can't wait to see the pictures and sign my release form so i can sleep in your house! love ya.
You had that baby pretty fast... it sounds like no epidural was needed... NICE!
Cute analogy. it's very fitting.
hey, would you send me your chore chart that you use with your girls.
Post a Comment