Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The All About Me Cube

Kyler came home last week with an assignment to bring back a cube with pictures, clippings or colorings to tell all about him.  His teacher gave us a paper template but I had a cardboard cube that I had started to decorate over 3 years ago and never finished.
I decided I wanted to put in a little extra effort and I love the result.  Nothing has changed in how I do things.  I had over a weeks notice and didn't start until midnight, finishing up at 2 am.  Something has been going good in my body this last week and I have had the ability to stay up until midnight or later - such a refreshing feeling.
The girls in Kyler's class thought the picture of him as a baby was adorable - the only hang up is that they didn't understand it was him - they seem to think it is the baby in my belly.
I also finished a table runner I have been working on for a few years and have started on a most adorable, time-consuming, talent gaining nativity tree skirt (I have an amazing lady who is in my ward, willing to tutor me).  I might feel like I'm getting back in the swing of things yet!

6 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

the cube is totally radical. super-mom!!! and your yard looks great. i had to laugh over the whole "give andy a new name" thing! ha! i don't know how ours happened... other then, ben named himself "the double b" in a condescending manner one day and i LIKED it. i think andy works great. but let us know if you ever think of something really fabulous for him!

Tink said...

Cute cube! Very creative! Someday maybe I'll be a cool mom too!

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

Tina I love the block it turned out great. So glad you are feeling back to your self and even being pregnant awesome

Jill said...

You must have inherited your Grandpa Sperry's ability to stay up late. I had it at one time.... But, now.... I got to bed early and get up late! What's up with that! Love ya most!

Ducksoup said...

love the cube. i seriously want to make one. you might have to teach me. you are so stinkin' crafty it's amazing we are related.

Bromleys said...

Hey, it's been nice seeing what you guys have been up to. I love that block. I think every kid should have one. Also, I love the procrastination. I think we are kindred spirits in that area.