Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Undaunted

Does anyone have the same problem?  If I pick up a book, a good book, or maybe sometimes not even that good, I soon become a non-member to the world around me.  I remember this happening reading the last of the Twilight books - we were at my parents cabin with a great deal of friends and family.  I was there in body but not in spirit.  In spirit I was right in the middle of a vampire war - hoping good would win over evil.  I purchased a book yesterday I'm sure will accomplish similar results.


He is an incredible author and I highly recommend any of his books.  The good/bad part about this purchase is that I don't plan on reading it any time soon.  I purchased it as an award.  When I finish the Old Testament I will allow myself to indulge.  I reached a milestone in my reading today 50%+ finished.  I am now on 2 Chronicles Chapter 16 with 602 pages read and 583 to go, but who's counting?  Definitely me!  I'm so excited that the read pages number is finally a higher number than the need to read number.  I'm hoping to finish before Christmas or before the arrival of Aysen - hopefully the latter happens first.  And, if anyone asks my opinion, the Old Testament could use an extreme amount of editing.  At least this is how I'm choosing to view some of the things I don't agree with or understand.  It goes back to the Article of Faith "we also believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly."  Heavy emphasis on the translated correctly part.

1 comment:

Marie Says Yes said...

you are AMAZING. good for you, cousin! you inspire me!
i don't know that i myself will ever reach that page number in the old testament without cheating. but i should... i should.
and editing... haha!