#1 -- General Conference -- and although I was deathly ill with a migraine during the live broadcast I have enjoyed technology and replaying it.
#2 -- My game is back on -- pregnancy is not currently winning and it isn't bothering me at all to be up until midnight, or even 1 or 2 am. It is amazing what you can accomplish when everyone else is in bed sleeping -- I know I'm suppose to reverse this and do it in the morning hours but morning is still an evil time of day according to my body clock.
#3 -- The grass we planted in our front yard has started to actually grow -- in some places it is much better than others but if you look underneath the yellow sheen from the leaves you can actually see green!
#4 -- Family History Indexing -- I actually took 10 minutes and had Andy share some of his knowledge to teach me how to do it. I have indexed 1300 names this month and enjoy the process. Too bad that it seems to not help out my time spent blogging . . .
#5 -- The weather has turned colder and the number of fruit flies inside my home has greatly diminished. They aren't extinct mind you but the tide of the war seems to be turning in my favor.
#6 -- Andy's youngest brother, Jason, got his mission call. He will be serving in the California, Ventura Mission and reports to the missionary training center on December 16, 2009. (Do you think I can have Aysen here in time to meet his Uncle Jay? Taylei was born on the Sunday of Greg's farewell -- maybe history will repeat itself?)
#7 -- We have had sickness, sickness and more sickness at our home this month (I'm sure the swine flu and maybe even the normal flu since everyone seems to be on round number 2) Why could this count as a success? Well, as of this very moment, I haven't caught it. The puking has all been done in the toilet and no one has had to be hospitalized. We should probably invest and purchase stock in Tylenol though . . . I seem to be surrounded by angels, keeping Aysen and I healthy.
#8 -- I will let the picture explain . . .
#9 -- When I went for a check-up with Dr. Oveson on October 9, I was 29 weeks along and only measured 26 weeks. Four weeks earlier, at my 25 week appointment I only measured 24 weeks so it seemed that I was starting to measure too small -- the same thing happened with Kyler. He had me go in for an ultrasound on the 13th and the prayers that were given in the mean time (my brother, Paul, even put his name in the temple) had great effect. He measured only a few days behind where he should be. This was a great testimony to me about the power of prayer and the angels Andy says are watching over Aysen and I.
#10 -- I DID IT -- I FINISHED. Today I read the 1,184th page in the Old Testament. I have now completed the Standard Works. It took me less than 3 months to complete the Old Testament. I happen to be quite impressed with myself (not to sound like bragging). I can finally say that I have accomplished a goal, check it off the list and focus on the hundreds of other things I would like to accomplish. I will try to persevere and take on one or two goals at a time . . . I'm sure my blogging will still not improve. I'll be absorbed in The Undaunted . . .
It really has been a great month . . . . trials still exist but it was fun to take a moment to reflect on the good things . . .
6 comments:
i am so happy you have escaped the flu and everything is going well! and oh. my.
you are my hero. you are also one of the only people i know who has actually read the whole old testament. this gives me inspiration. it really does.
I'm so glad I prodded you the other day and now once again have a little bit of knowledge regarding your life. :-) Love ya most! Aunt Jill
maybe blogging could be on the goal list lol
It was fun to read about your success. Zeak was very interested in Tayleis flag football pic but after studing and reading he still has no interest. I thought maybe he was going to tell me he wished he would have played.lol
I have to say Rob and I were quite impressed with your grass tonight. It is coming in quite nicely! Great job.
If the cold is good for anything, it must be to rid us of the awful flies of every kind! That is about the ONLY thing I am looking forward to with the coming COLD.
Glad you haven't got sick. As my mom would say, "you don't HAVE to get sick..."
Amen to #2! I'm glad you survived the swine flu. Hope you stay blessed and don't catch it! And Way to go on reading the Old Testament! You're inspiring!
Glad you're all feeling better. I have to tell you that every time I see a fruit fly, I think of you! =) Tell the kids "hello".
Post a Comment