Friday, October 24, 2008

Can you fly like a "Sparrow"

Andy and I didn't quite coordinate for our date - his costume was purchased last November when they got pretty cheap on disney.com.  At the time I thought I would be able to find something for myself before this Halloween - there were not many modest choices on disney.com this year so I ended up borrowing a pair of overalls from my Grandpa Jack.
This is the group that joined us for a couples date/potluck/bunkos/celebrity game night.  We ended up having a wonderful time.  My cheeks were in serious pain from all of the smiling and laughter.


Did you notice that we were all flapping our wings?  My sister, Mary Dawn, ended up being Dan's date (he was still on the mountain, the deer was down but he had a really long drive home).  We were playing a game kind of like pictionary/charades.  On the third round you can't use any words to describe your "celebrity."  Mary Dawn was on the boys team and started flapping her wings like a graceful (I am being serious about the graceful) bird.  She also acted like she was shooting the bird.  Well, we had been through the clues twice already and no one on either team could figure out who she was acting out.  I followed her and looked down into the bowl.  My eyes fell on the clue "Jack Sparrow" and I immediately realized what she was trying to act out.  The funny thing about it was, Andy, he was sitting 5 feet away in a Jack Sparrow costume.  Mary Dawn hasn't watched Pirates and so she had no idea who "Jack Sparrow" is.  It was so funny.  The night went really well, Andy is such a good sport.  He even comes home and helps with the party preparation.  I'm excited to do it again next year.

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

way to post--you are so funny! and i think i was lisa's date and you might have said i was dan's date :):) that's what happens when you stay up until 2:30 AM. better get some zzzz'ss tonight!