Saturday, October 25, 2008

Gardner Village

Last year Grandma Lou took my kids to Gardner Village to enjoy the witches and activities.  They came home with the best painted faces I have ever seen in all of my life.  It made me pretty sad that I hadn't gone with - but I was hosting Bunko's at my house (it is kind of becoming a Halloween tradition).  I promised myself I would get them there this year.  On our drive to Salt Lake, Kyler kept asking if he was going to get to have his face painted again.  That shows you how good the faces were - my three year old remembered it from the year before.  The sad part of the story is that the incredible face painter had already gone home for the day when we got there.  Another store was offering the service but I'm pretty sure Keanna could have done a better job than they did.  After we walked around for a while we realized we had probably come on the wrong weekend.  The kids still had fun but I don't think we will go again next year.
This picture of a "witch-in-a-cauldron" is to highlight Braden - he was absolutely terrified of this witch.  It was funny to watch him react.  Grandma Lou did save him!
They did have a petting zoo with pony rides.  After having the Woodlands live so close by Kyler was a natural on the pony.  The black on his face is a bat sticker -- the closest thing we could find to face painting that actually almost looked good.

When the ride was finished, Keanna forgot that the attendant had told her she couldn't get off without help so she was in a little bit of trouble for climbing right off - another thing we can blame on the Woodlands!

Taylei's horse ride was a lot less action than she is used too.  She was patient and waited for the attendant - I kind of think she might could have taught the attendant a thing or two.

We did pause for a group picture - the hats Taylei and Keanna are wearing they made.  You can't really see very good but they did turn out really nice.

It ended up being a really fun trip!  Thanks to Grandma Lou for taking us.  

No comments: