Thursday, October 23, 2008

Soccer Championships

Mary Dawn is here from Michigan and helping me blog.  She has been harassing me for a very long time to get started on my blog.  If you look closely at my first post you will be able to see that it was done the first of September and then I couldn't figure out how to get back to it, to add information and then there is the whole adding pictures factor.  She would call everyday to see if I finally added and I would give her an excuse, something like "I don't know how," or "I don't have any pictures" or "I don't have any way to get recent pictures on to my laptop."  My grandma has been having some health complications and so Mary Dawn and Braden came to Utah to take care of her.  She has been here for 5 days and I still could come up with an excuse.  Well, tonight, know more excuses.  I'm ready to learn.  I don't know why it scared me so.  It isn't nearly as hard as I was making it out to be.  So, here are some pictures from our day yesterday.  We have been hanging out at the soccer field for the last few nights.  I keep trying to tell everyone I'm moving.  I am NOT ready for another cold winter.  Taylei and Keanna both threw tantrums and say they like it here.  It was too cold for soccer but we went anyways.

Here is a picture of Keanna and her team.  Andy is the coach - we are glad he is home - he just spent the last 5 days in the mountains trying to help his friend Dan find a "monster" deer.

The above picture is of Keanna scoring the first goal of the game.  I could hardly believe that I actually caught it on film.  I usually get too excited and forget that I'm taking pictures when they get to this point.  Below is just a fun picture of Keanna being aggressive and fighting for the ball.  Her team ended up taking second place!  She got a really cool medal and had a wonderful season.

The camera ran out of battery while we were at Keanna's game and so I didn't end up with any new pictures of Taylei.  She is an awesome soccer player as well.  Her team finished the season in 1st place and I think she now has her 5th trophy.  This is the second year in a row her team has taken 1st in soccer.  Taylei plays forward most of each game and is great at scoring goals.  Both Taylei and Keanna are the youngest age on the teams (Keanna's division is 1-3 grades and Taylei's division is 4-6 grades).  Next year they will be even better.  
We made it home last night and defrosted.  We will have a few months off from athletics.  I'm pretty sure basketball doesn't start until January!

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

Way to go Tin! I'm so excited you have a blog for me to follow. I can't wait to see your adorable children and then 10,000 activities they're up to!