Friday, April 17, 2009

Graduation - The First of Many!

Preschool graduation for Kyler ended up being a little sooner than planned.  His teacher sold her home and had to move by the end of April.  She was still going to hold it a week into May but conflicts ensued and the day agreed upon ended up being April 16.  I was actually really excited about this.  Preschool has been a trial with Kyler.  He has not had much interest in attending and more often than not I am fighting to get him there.  The funny thing is, when it is over he always has a giant smile on his face and says how much he loved it.  I really think he might be completing 2 years of 4 year old preschool.  With his late birthday and his current lack of interest I figure he might need to mature another year -- so different than the girls. 
Don't you think Kyler has a million dollar smile?  When he wants to pour on the "I am adorable" he can dish it with the best of them.  But, then when he wants to let the world know he has capabilities of being the most stubborn, my way or the highway kind of guy he is also at the top of that game as well.
Graduation was really cute with songs and poems.  Kyler was mostly content to sit and enjoy but every once in a while he took a moment to participate with his class.  He made a really cute bumble bee that said "When I Grow Up I Want to Bee . . . A Cowboy that Ropes Cows."  Hummm.  This career path is something I would expect from a Woodland not a Williams.  I guess I'm really not surprised either.  It wasn't until Lisa offered to let him ride a calf that he agreed to potty training.  I better look for a pair of boots.  I don't want anyone to think that I dashed his hopes and dreams.
Kyler gave Miss Jamie the cutest hug of anyone.  She had a little stand for them to climb on when she gave them their diploma, then she would bend down and give them a hug.  Kyler gives koala hugs.  When she put her arms around him he latched right on to her.  It really was so cute.  He use to snuggle with me on a pretty constant basis as a baby -- I do miss those days some times.  He's gotten bigger and now when he lays in bed with Andy and I his kicks have a little more force than they used to.

3 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

so, so cute!!!

bj said...

WOW...he is sooo cute! I can't believe how big he is, has it really been that long?
I can't wait to see the house all finished, I've enjoyed the updates...keep'em comin!! Bobi

Bromleys said...

Wow, Lucy didn't have a graduation with her first year, I wonder if she will for her second. She is going to go in June, because the teacher took Maternity leave for Feb.
Oh and Kyler's Smile IS Georgeous!