Last Saturday I thought I was going to spend a few hours of my morning at try-outs for the upcoming community theater production of Jack and the Beanstalk. Keanna was to try out. Taylei wasn't going to get to because of potential softball conflicts.
Keanna had to sing a song and present a dramatic reading. She worked on it a little all week and then on Friday night she refused to even think about it. She had NO desire to try out anymore. I was so confused. Taylei was at a sleepover and when I picked her up she was also confused that Keanna wasn't trying out. When we got home, Taylei confronted Keanna -- Keanna just started yelling.
On Monday night we had a message on our answering machine that they were having additional tryouts on Wednesday. She was with Jake when I shared this information. In just a few moments Keanna decided she WANTED to try out -- the convincing factor -- Jake wanted to try out as well. They really do have a neat relationship -- while walking through the school they hold hands - it isn't a boyfriend/girlfriend kind of deal - more of a best friend relationship.
This picture is from Annie -- Jake came to show his support.
Try-outs went well I hear -- neither Andy or I were able to attend, we both were at general auxiliary meetings in Salt Lake. Diane took care of Keanna - she is an awesome aunt. I think we find out if they get any specific parts in about two weeks. I'll keep my fingers crossed! I wanted to to throw this picture in of how everyone looked when I got home. It was 10:30 pm - most of the time our children are all still awake. Everyone was asleep and then some. Diane is the one completely buried in the blanket. The only stirring when I took the picture was done by Coalie.
2 comments:
Let me explain something... I HAVE to sleep with my head covered because it protects me from creatures like the purple cow that lives in the barn and loves to eat little girls named Diane. Thanks to my dad for teaching me this bit of information, and yes, I obviously have always been a very gullible person!
Looks like you've got a little actress on your hands. Her friend Jack seems like a cutie!
Diane, I keep my wrists and neck covered because I know the vampires will get me.
Post a Comment