Boys of the Williams Family picture!
Monday, December 14, 2009
This Week at our Home
Wouldn't this be more fun if snow could be replaced with marshmallows or cotton candy. Aysen and I hid out in the house this whole week . . . the temperatures reached the negatives . . . 32 is too cold in my opinion and it wasn't like we had any plans of going anywhere anyways. Andy and Kyler shoveled and shoveled and shoveled. I was cold just watching them but I think boys were born with something different inside them that makes it so they don't notice cold temperatures (ie -- the Klondike derby). Kyler had beautiful, rosy red cheeks by the time I forced him to quit and come inside.
Taylei had the last of her volleyball games. Her team only won one game. This was hard on our highly competitive, expect to win daughter. She did improve throughout the season and that is all that really matters but she has a hard time believing this reasoning.
With Aysen's arrival, our family is spending a significant amount of time at our home (I set a new record and didn't leave the house in 7 straight days -- remember the cold I mentioned earlier?). One evening we all ended up in the same room. Taylei spent her money on Christmas presents and because of her bankrupt state she has been more motivated to complete her chores, one of which is piano practicing. She has been trying to teach herself a Christmas song or two.
If Keanna could find some form or reading club to join she would be all over it. I'm quite sure she reads 3 to 10 books a week. She currently enjoys Nancy Drew, Geronimo Stilton and a series I had never heard of. When I threaten her for misbehaving the punishment I use -- NO READING! I can attest that this works with Keanna.
Andy took a moment to snuggle with Aysen by the Christmas tree. Kyler loves the camera and had to join the picture. So the official . . .
As an update to Aysen -- Andy last weighed him on Saturday night. He is a whopping 4 pounds 8 ounces! He was down to 3 pounds 8 ounces at one time so he has gained a pound and 7 ounces more than his birth weight. He is more alert every day and is starting to grab things with his fingers. He is still grounded to our home . . . and loved by all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
you would have thought with all that time in your house you could have blogged wonderful messages to warm up the rest of us poor souls who were out in that ccoooold weather:) Hard to think such a tiny little thing consumes so much time. Treasure it while you have it! It will be gone far to fast!!! we all Love him too!
way cute picture of those boys.
i hate the cold.
i'm glad i got to see you.
i LOVED nancy drew.
the end.
that is the cutest picture ever of keanna. so cute...so nan. she is one reader that's for sure. i wish i had just a little bit of her love for reading. and taylei really needs a piano lesson. her piano teacher stinks. and you have some cute boys at your house. where is your picture?
Tina, the work awkward in my post is linked but just in case it doesn't work, it's www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com
Snow? What's that? It was fun catching up with your family. Dang, even when you're out of commission, you guys are still busy.
Post a Comment