Friday, January 1, 2010

And it is 2010

The good news for this year . . . I am the King!  If Granny's philosophy rings true, I maintain this status for the entire year.  Granny believed that the state of life (ie. if your laundry is done) when the new year begins maintains itself for the entire year.  I'm planning on having a great year as I achieved kingship in the grand old game of scum as the clock struck 12.  As a side note, my laundry wasn't in good shape, so I will, as king, be haunted by it for the next 365 days.  On the bright side, it isn't leap year, or it could be worse.
We spent New Year's Eve at my parents house.  The food was good, the record-setting car jump was not too impressive, and once again I'm the king . . . 
I've thought a lot about goals for this coming year.  What should mine be?  The obvious choices would have something to do with weight loss (is 25  pounds too much to ask?), or what about conquering my hatred of mornings and arise at 6 am every day, I could start an exercise regiment, or promise to blog daily for the year.  My sister is becoming a vegetarian for the month, I don't think I would have much of a problem with this but meat is probably the least of my diet concerns.  I could give up sugar, that would hurt, but I don't think Andy wants to pay the hospital bill when my body goes into shock.  I would love to become super mom with a menu of meals planned a month in advance, one-on-one time scheduled daily for each child, we would be on time to each activity and hot breakfasts every morning.  A more realistic goal would be to apply make-up on a daily basis but if  I did I might send Andy into shock and I don't want to pay for that hospital bill . . . So, at this time, no resolutions have been cemented in concrete but I'm still mulling over my options.
I did get to spend a few hours today working on home improvement.  Taylei and Keanna still have belongings in the basement and I was hoping to relocate these items to their bedroom.  I also wanted to decorate the walls of the house eliminating an ever-growing pile of pictures located in a corner of Kyler's room.  I accomplished about 17% of my desired outcome.  I will not worry . . . it will still need doing tomorrow and the next day and the next.
Andy took the time to stop midstream and help Kyler build a shelf for his room.  This was a must as Kyler saw his daddy with his tools and was gathering his own.  I will never know how many belongings Andy saved by taking time for his son.
Mary Dawn and Grandma Lou brought Braden, Kynlee and Kenzee out for a little sledding.  I watched from inside fearing if I get cold it could be a permanent freezing.  Andy is still the best parent in our home -- he put on his snow gear and pulled the gang behind the four-wheeler out in the field.  I still have a giant amount to learn from this man.  He impresses me more and more everyday.  I'm so blessed.  Have I ever mentioned this?

All seemed happy to be outside in the cold.  Next year, maybe I'll have the resolution to stop being such a woos and join them (definitely not willing to change this year -- it's cold outside).

2 comments:

Ducksoup said...

i think you should go for the blogging more new years resolution. once a day may be a little much but i think you could easily conquer once a week. you are a pretty good blogger you know. did i take those pics? how come they don't say mary dawn photography over the top of them? i like your camera. i need to bust mine open. hope you had a good sunday. love to see the home improvement going on. ryan did a few for me yesterday. love yah!

Ilaria said...

TINAAAAAAAAA!!! That was us last year at your house, sledding down the hill in your backyard and going on the four wheeler. I can't believe it's been a YEAR!!! Amazing, isn't it? And look at you and your GREATEST accomplishment for the year (in my opinion): you had a BABY!!! We miss you guys! At least this year we have a ton of snow where we live too, although we have no snow suits for the grownups nor any cool sledding tools, but Aurora sure is happy and doesn't seem to mind (she has something like 4 snowsuits that people have lent us, so she's set). :) It sure is COLD though. I'm sure you can sympathize. Love you!