When we arrived at Juab Title he was busy in the yard raking leaves. I told my children to go out and help him. They had only been to work for a few minutes when some of Gail's grandchildren came. I should have taken picture and they joined in on the fun. When Grandpa's truck was as full as it could be with leaves, he picked up Kyler and through him in the pile. In seconds, the other kids climbed in the bed of the truck to join him and believe it or not, they did more good than harm. Grandpa got help for another half our or so, and promised all of the kids slurpees. The kids rode with him to the dump and then made the trip to 7-11. Grandpa handled all six kids -- I was pretty glad I wasn't involved. One of Gail's grandkids walked back in the office, slurpee in hand, and let us know that it was the "Best Halloween ever."
We spent a few more hours at work and then headed up to Novell to trick-or-treat. We were only about an hour late but the kids still get much more candy than they needed. This year they got to trick-or-treat with (Andy's brother) Roger and Ali's kids because Roger started working at Novell this last spring. Uncle Tom also came with us. He was up from St. George looking for a job so he can move up this direction and enroll in UVU's flight school.
Andy took some pictures of the kids for me - Taylei was a fairy this year. A quite beautiful one I might add.
Keanna was "The White Witch of Narnia" this is exactly how she would correct people when they would call her a princess. She is also beautiful.
This is our spider, the bug, Kyler. He was his usual self on Halloween and would not cooperate with having his picture taken (I'm still sad from my lack of choices from last year). He liked being a bug as long as his hat was off. I am grateful - one picture is better than none.
And now, all three of the adorable children. It is so nice to see smiles on all of their faces.
We ended up trick or treating to a few token houses in Mona and then we headed to Nephi. I think Taylei and Keanna like to hand out candy as much as they like to trick or treat. Granny Bailey lives in the busiest trick-or-treat neighborhood in all of Nephi and as soon as we got to her house Taylei and Keanna started fighting over who got to answer the door. For the record, Granny had 300 trick-or-treaters for the year. Next we went to my mom and dad's house - she had dinner waiting for us - we are spoiled rotten and it was delicious.
On our way home, we stopped by the Woodland's house to drop off a little Halloween treat for them. We decided we would have Taylei knock and run. We didn't really think it would work since we were parked in the driveway. I also need to stand up a little for Zeak on this matter. We were right in the driveway but he either didn't notice our tahoe because he is so used to seeing it there or it was slightly hidden behind Dan's truck. Zeak, Jake and their cousins were absolutely hilarious. We ended up leaving a fuel filter (it was just a random item that was on the dashboard) and a jar of peanut butter before they figured out who it was. Taylei did a great job of knocking and running - she even made it back into the car while they were outside looking.
It was a really fun Halloween - I even dressed up for half the day - I wore a borrowed pair of overalls from my grandpa Jack and a gardener hat and by the end of the night I switched my gardener hat for a hard had. I guess I should have taken a picture of myself as well - maybe next time.
2 comments:
such a great post. you do a wonderful job of telling us all about your great halloween. your kids look simply ADORABLE in their costumes--soooooooooo CUTE! Thanks for posting, although i do feel bad because from the looks of your post you were up until almost 4 AM!
i can't believe how much kyler looks like a sperry in the picture of just him. wow, seriously reminds me of diane or maybe me or i don't know but it's SPERRY!
Post a Comment