Saturday, November 1, 2008

Keanna's Birthday

  Our little girl turned 7 -- this is kind of hard to believe.  I really think it was just yesterday that I was trying to get the stack of papers off my desk at work so I could go to the hospital to be induced.  We realized earlier this week, Keanna would be sharing her birthday with two of her nephews baby blessings.  She looks forward to her birthday and we wanted her to be able to haver her own special day.  This also meant that lots of Andy's family would be in town as well.  The weather was looking like it would still be nice and so we planned an outside party.  I was pretty slow getting out the invitations - it the weather man predicted a storm I didn't know what I would do with the 22 people in Keanna's class she was inviting plus the extra family and friends.  At the Mona Elementary carnival earlier this week, the PAC hired Jason Gibson to bring his giant slide.  This seemed like any easy solution for a party.  We already have a bunch of activities in the back yard and with a slide and a bounce house there would be enough choices for the kids to entertain themselves.  I also found a fun shoe pinata and Keanna chose a giant birthday cake from Sam's Club.
The party went really well.  Some of Keanna's favorite friends were able to come.  She had both sets of grandparents and even her great grandma Sperry.  Ths slide was everyone's favorite.  I even went down it myself a half dozen times.  Whem most of the little kids had gone home, Keanna's uncles turned the slide into a giant mat to run, jump, attempt to catch a football, and land.  I don't think any of the kids complained about being sore the next day but most of the adults did.
This is a picture of some of the guests watching all of the action.  Those in the picture: Susie Allred, Nikkii and Kenzee Sperry, Granny Bailey and Grandma Lou.
The trampoline was also a favorite event.  I love that our tramp is buried in the ground.  We still have had a few accidents but nothing major yet - knock on wood.


Keanna loved opening presents and she got some really cool gifts.  We gave her a new bicycle - complete with gears, she also got lots of earrings, money, makeup, a snow globe, a new outfit or two and a few more treasures.  The friend in this pictures is Whitlee.

The slide was so much fun.  
Isn't she such a beautiful girl.  She had an awesome birthday - I don't think she had more than two minutes that she couldn't find someone to play with.  Thanks to all those who were willing to come and celebrate with us. 


1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

such a cutie pie with the sweetest and most adorable personality. oh how i miss my sweetie and how i wish she still considered me her favorite aunt without being coerced into saying i was :). happy b-day nan!