May 21, 2009 - Catch Up on Life
Mona has had a tradition at the elementary school since its beginning of having a Spring Fling. It used to be the students would sing songs but in the last two years it has evolved in to each grade presenting a dance. The school keeps growing and the gym won't hold all of the parents anymore so this event is held outside on the black top.
The fourth grade presented a type of square dance. I tried to help them learn it when I went on Tuesdays and it was quite complicated -- I still don't understand the chain. Children can learn better than adults and they didn't have a problem with it. Partners were switched frequently and Taylei even had the chance to dance with Zeak. This picture also seems to prove that contrary to popular belief, Taylei has grown over the past year. We will have to get some longer levi's to start off this next school year.
The first grade did a surfing dance to a beach boy song. We weren't in a good position to get any real good pictures of Keanna. She did an awesome job.

Taylei - our adorable cowgirl - the up close shot!
Keanna, in a shot you can actually see. Each child was sent home with a piece of cardboard with a surf board traced on it. We were suppose to decorate it and send it back. Taylei had a softball tournament which we were getting a late start to. Keanna had to ride her bike home and couldn't hold the cardboard at the same time and so it got left at the school for the weekend. I was becoming a candidate for WORST MOTHER OF THE YEAR. Keanna went to bed on Monday night and I hadn't started to work on her surfboard. When she woke up she was pleasantly surprised. I had taken care of it and she loved the results! (All of the scrapbooking paraphernalia I have collected through the years does come in handy on occasion).
At the end of the class presentations, the parents are invited to come out and dance with the children. I was not suppose to be moving around much at this point so I stayed on the sidelines and Andy once again took care of business. Taylei's class did the Macarayna and it was way fun to watch all of them dance . . .
It was a really fun night . . . and I'm glad I got to get out of bed, even if I only got to enjoy it from a distance.
3 comments:
that surfboard is way to awesome. how would it be...
I can't believe how big your kids are! They should just be little little kids. I just can't believe it.
Man, to live in Mona... that would be nice. I wanna do those dances. I love any excuse to use my mad dancing skills. I'm tired of just preforming for my kids. Ok, they do make the best audience ever.
I hope you start feeling better woman.
Post a Comment