One of the most successful parts of today . . . I actually got a picture of KYLER dressed up in his costume. A personal, one-on-one shot - without ugly backgrounds, with ALL of the costume and even one or two bonus pictures with his sisters. I know when I describe it, it really doesn't sound that hard but for some reason, in Halloween's past, the day ends and I have once again failed miserably. This would really be a cause for celebration IF I had done a better job with the other two children in the family. Their pictures were taken, should have had potential, and there are one or two I can use but . . . the dreaded but word. Andy and I finally invested in a bigger memory card. It took me a while to get with the time before I realized better options were available and I wouldn't have to sell a child or go into extensive debt to no longer have my camera flash "card full." Seems like a win, win kind of deal except for the fact that our camera hates the new card. It seems to have TOO MUCH storage potential and the amount of pictures remaining doesn't have a thousands place, it now flashes 999. This seems to make it so many of the pictures are corrupt and the shots you thought you took don't seem to exist. The pain of technology I guess. With all that said . . .
Halloween 2009
A spider princess, indian maiden and pirate
She is just missing a tomahawk, then she would be really dangerous.
Keanna was extra creative one day at work and accessorized her costume -- complete with a crown. The only problem with her efforts, they were made from construction paper which doesn't have much durability . . . it survived the parade at school but that was all.
Isn't he soooo cute. I forgot to add earlier the only reason he finally complied with having his picture taken was the promise I would let him jump in the pile of leaves Andy had been raking after we were through. Nothing wrong with bribing a pirate in my book.
And the promised pile of leaves. I only got to take about two photos before Kyler couldn't resist picking up a handful and throwing it over his head into his sisters' faces. By the way, the sisters did realize leaves don't smell good and maybe there are bugs . . .
My personal success for Halloween: Two batches of Puffed Rice Balls (Andy actually took a picture of me making them but back to the corrupt problem). They didn't turn out near as good as Granny's -- I think I cooked them a little long but they were edible and it was fun to share a little of her with so many of the people who are used to receiving this Halloween treat. This was also one of the hardest parts of Halloween -- we always spent an hour or so at her house. My girls like handing out the candy as much as they like getting it and she lived in the center of Nephi's trick-or-treat capital. They loved to answer her door and make a tally mark so Granny could keep track of how many trick-or-treaters she had had that year. (We were home for 34 trick-or-treaters of our own. Taylei had to keep track even though we weren't there long.) It just goes to remind you, our children, grand children or in this case great-grandchildren are watching and learning from us . . . what is being taught?
1 comment:
Tina - I love the color coordination and such cute costumes too! Did you make them? - Priscilla
Post a Comment