Saturday, November 28, 2009

On a Whim . . .

Do you ever have a crazy idea . . . and then realize after maybe the idea was actually a prompting from the Holy Ghost?   
On Tuesday, November 10, I was dropping Kyler off at preschool.  One of the other moms was dropping off her son as well.  This mom had left a message on my answering machine wanting to plan our children's baptism.  The message had been there for a while and I just kept ignoring it not knowing what to plan.  Keanna should have been baptized on December 5th.  If something went wrong or right (depends on how you look at it) and a baby arrived early, I didn't want this throwing off Keanna's special day and making another family wonder where half of the talks, music etc were.  
I expressed some of my concerns to this mother and then jokingly said I should just hurry and get her baptized on Friday (too many things were already on the calendar for Saturday).  I thought about it, thought some more, called Andy and asked him to think about it.  He had no problem with the idea but I had to beg and beg him to call and ask the bishop if it might be a possibility.  We didn't hear back from the bishop on Tuesday so I just figured we would do our best to make it work in December.  But, then on Wednesday night at around 9:30 pm the bishop called and said the Stake President had given his approval.  Phone calls were made in a hurry to invite our family and friends, some people already had plans which I understood - a last minute kind of deal for sure.  I kept reminding myself that if Keanna was there with her immediate family that was all that mattered.  
Keanna was so excited to be baptized in November.  This important ordinance and confirmation were performed on Friday the 13th (I think I should be able to remember the date.)  She had a lot of support from family and friends who were willing to come on short notice.
Earlier this week I was so grateful for having this accomplished.  This all happened before we had the ultrasound telling us something was definitely amiss with Aysen's size.  I feel so blessed to have the baptism over.   Keanna is such an important part of our family and I'm so glad we had this taken care of before the arrival of her brother.  

No comments: