Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Keanna!

This beautiful little girl who was all dressed in white . . . . is growing and growing and growing.  Today, she officially becomes 8.  We get to celebrate with a family dinner tonight.  On Friday she is having a party with a few friends and then in December we plan on having another episode of white, a grand day when she will have the opportunity to be baptized.
Keanna is a marvelous blessing in our home.  She is one of my truest friends.  She has a temper which might scare the devil but she also has a soft side where she has the greatest of hearts.  She can do things by herself AND takes care of herself inventing some amazing solutions.  She has spunk and an amazing memory.  She asks questions I have a hard time knowing the answer to.  Sometimes she will let me snuggle her.  She is cursed with my headaches -- why do we have to pass on some of our faults?  She does well in school and loves to read.  She sometimes listens way too well.  She is athletic -- a great little soccer player.  She is thoughtful, caring and she knows how to have fun.  I love her and I am so glad she is a member of our family, that I have the opportunity to be her mom.  I have so much to learn from her . . . 

and if you are lucky enough to know her you love her too!
Happy 8th Birthday Keanna!

4 comments:

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

Glad we are some of the lucky ones who know and Love her! Happy Birthday Nanna Banana!

Ducksoup said...

that picture describes her personality to a t. she really is adorable though. i'm lucky to be her aunt!

bj said...

She is soooo cute...tell her happy birthday from the Johnson's!!

AndyW said...

Well said Tina. Keanna has such a fun personality. Although the temper can flair, it very rarely does. Mostly we get to enjoy the sweet, kind, and loving side of this little 8 year old. She has such an imagination, and knows how to have fun. I really enjoy watching Keanna excel at something that she decides she wants to do. She has great focus and determination. I love this little girl, I'm certain she came into our family to teach me, probably more than I could teach her.