Monday, December 22, 2008

The Hubby Tag

I was tagged by Abby and Ila the same week to do a hubby tag - I think I figured I couldn't post until I could answer it.  Then my busy December started and I didn't pick up my laptop for a month.  So, I'm really slow but here goes.

This is a picture I took of Andy when we were in Hawaii last January.  It happens to be one of my favorite pictures of him.  I sure love him . . .
5 Things Andy Loves:
1. Me - he says he loves me most but I'm still sure I might love him more.
2. Our Children - they really couldn't ask for a better dad, he supports them, plays with them, teaches them and is really good at getting up during the night with them.
3. His Savior - He has a deep and inspiring testimony that he lives and he teaches me by his example.
4. Outdoor Activities - He loves hunting, hiking, camping, archery, motorcycling, and fishing.
5. Athletic Activities - His favorites include: softball, basketball, tennis, golf, volleyball, snowboarding and the list would increase if he could find more time.
5 Things on Andy's To Do List:
1. A fun item - He wants to go to Wimbledon - years ago he wanted Taylei to be the competitor he was watching but they seem to currently be focusing on softball.
2. A work item - Finish all of the projects he has 97% completed - the list includes the kitchen, cabin deck, front room and Keanna's bedroom etc.
3. A work but potential fun item - He wants to fix up the trailer we inherited from my parents so that we can go camping - he is really hoping to convert his wife into an outdoorswoman.
4. An educational item - he wants to learn to program and become knowledgeable in databases.
5. Get a six pack - there is a long story behind this item - ask him some time.
5 Foods Andy Enjoys:
1. Enchiladas - I recently learned this was his favorite food even though I never make them and would have never guessed.
2. Fruit Pie with Ice Cream - His favorite would be Apple pie with Schwan's Vanilla Ice Cream
3. Salsa - The fresh kind purchased from Costco but it is only good for about two weeks, but he can usually eat it that quick.
4. The Sienna Filet - available at Macaroni Grill - the only downfall to this item is that it is seasonal and not available year round - maybe that isn't a downfall - I may save money because of this.
5. Spaghetti - This becomes a favorite when his mom cooks it - she makes her own sauce.
5 Things You Might Not Know:
1. Andy cleans our bathrooms - I asked him if he would before we got married - Mary Dawn always cleaned ours growing up and it is the chore I like least of all.
2. He knocked out one of his front teeth just prior to his mission - we have since purchased a fake tooth that is screwed in.
3. He had to have tubes put in his ears on two different occasions.
4. He makes the best crepes I have ever had, he is also really good at fruit tarts - basically he is trying to satisfy my crazy requests for things you can't just go and purchase at the store.
5. He is the second oldest of eight children, and he loves to spend time with his family - they used to call him "Awesome Andy #1."
5 Places Andy has Lived:
1. Mesa, Arizona - where he was born
2. Fruita, Colorado - where he attended and graduated from high school
3. Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - where he served his mission
4. Ephraim, Utah - where he attended Snow College and we met (even though this isn't where he fell in love.
5. Mona, Utah - where we currently live, in the home I grew up in.
5 Quirky Things About Andy:
1. The lid to the toilet must always be down - I've grown to appreciate it realizing that no one likes to see the inside of a toilet.
2. His girls say he can fix anything - This is more true than one can imagine - at least it was while he had girls - Kyler seems to break things to a greater degree than his sisters ever did.
3. He never thinks something is too much work - so many times I decide not to do something because of the extra effort it would take - he always looks at what the end result will be and just accepts the fact that it takes a few more steps to get there. 
4. He is crazy enough to do the polar bear swim with his scouts, not fearing the cold.
5. He almost always beats me at all of the games/activities we do - the only thing I can excel at is hula hooping ; ).
5 People I Tag:
1. Mary Dawn
2. Lisa
3. Christy
4. Bobi
5. Dan - I know you are male so please reverse it to a wife tag - I would love to read how you answer these questions in regards to Lisa.

1 comment:

bj said...

Hey, you can't TAG me in Dec and then not give me your blog address until FEB!!!

btw...enjoying your blog!