Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Paper Bag Christmas

I purchased this book for my mom to give her as a Christmas present.  When we got stuck in the airport in Salt Lake I pulled it out of my bag and gave it to her early.  I think it took her a few hours to read and then she put it on the table and said it would make me cry.  I didn't think I was ready for a good cry again but after a day I decided I could read it aloud to Granny.  She loves to read but can't see well enough to do so anymore.  The book took us two days to finish but we both loved it.  Mary Dawn and Ryan walked in from the pool just as we were finishing and couldn't believe we were both crying.  I'm not sure it was nice of them to take a picture of us crying but I'm so grateful I could spend a few hours reading to Granny.

No comments: