Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sleeping Under the Tree

One of our favorite Christmas traditions is sleeping under the tree as a family. We are supposed to complete this feet anytime during the month of December but before Christmas. This year was extremely complicated and we didn't get around to it before we came on vacation. The complication of doing it here in Arizona -- we didn't have a Christmas tree. On our way to the gathering at Aunt Karen's we stopped at a grocery store so we could contribute a treat. I found a 12" glitter tree - not quite big enough to sleep under but it would have to do. So, finally on December 23, 2008, we placed the tree on the coffee table and the kids slept around it on the couch. Andy and I left the door to our bedroom open (we usually sleep with the kids but there wasn't enough bedding to do so here at the Marriott). The most fun part of sleeping under the tree is when we wake up in the morning -- Santa's elves have left breakfast for us, and as of late, they also leave the children some new Christmas pajamas. Well, even though we are far from home, the elves still found us. In years past, breakfast are items we can cook with a toaster, we move the bedding out of the room and replace it with a table cloth for a picnic in the front room. This year the elves must have known our circumstance and they brought orange juice, pancake mix, gogurt and hashbrowns along with some adorable pajamas.
Our kids changed into their pajamas almost immediately and were nice enough to snuggle in with us for a picture or two.
I wasn't quite sure I was ready to wake up to tackle the day and Kyler felt just about the same as I did.  I used some of Mary Dawn's fancy new mascara and it did make me have some pretty serious raccoon eyes.
Here is a picture of the three of them snuggled up together.  I'm so blessed to have such beautiful children.  I'm going to have to see if I can convince the elves to bring some jammies for Andy and I as well . . . 

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

adorable, adorable, ADORABLE children. i love these kiddos and wish braden could play with them more. nanner and taylei are such great babysitters and the presence of kyler entertains braden enough for me to do whatever.