Friday, May 21, 2010

At the field . . .

Tonight we were once again in South Jordan for our 10U league play.  It was once again too cold for comfort -- this was our fourth time up here and all four times the weather has been miserable so why should I expect anything different?

Keanna earned a walk after this attempt at bat.  There are a few advantages of being one of the team shrimps - a smaller strike zone.  I know earning a walk doesn't seem too earned but our older daughter hates to walk and will swing at bad pitches to keep from walking.  (Keanna does normally wear cleats but every twice in a while the girls don't gather the proper equipment in their bags.  I'm just happy she wasn't wearing heals).
I actually spent a minute taking pictures tonight.  Emily has been awesome at handling the camera this season but she had family and my baby was asleep.  When Taylei was up to bat, one of the dads told me, "Make sure you get this, she's due."  I was doing my best but I might need to upgrade my camera.  She earned her first home run this season with this swing.  It was legit - and not just from having bad throws made.  She has so much power in her little frame.  Congratulations Taylei!
The softball orphans found a new form of entertainment tonight.  Tree climbing.  The older boys are the example and the young ones look to them with such admiration.
Kyler's face wasn't nearly as dirty as it looks -- I promise the black is a shadow.  Braden looks absolutely adorable and Kyler looks like he is full of attitude.  The camera ran out of battery before I could get a good one taken of Kyler.  I'm glad Braden couldn't see Kyler's face so he didn't mimic the same.

1 comment:

AndyW said...

we love going to the ball field. Good thing too, because it seems like we live there lately. Taylei's home run was timely, we needed it to extend the lead at a critical time in the game. She has done well to hit the ball hard. Keanna is swinging the bat frequently, she strike's out a lot, but I feel like she is quickly going to figure it out and start hitting it more often. She is turning into a good player. Kyler loves being at the fields, he can always find friends to hang out with. I'm glad he has so much fun playing with his pals.