Wednesday, May 5, 2010

'Tis the Season

Taylei and Keanna are playing Steeler ball -- which means practice 2-3 nights a week with tournaments on the weekend.  Taylei and Keanna are also playing city league ball - 2 games a week.  Kyler has t-ball and now men's league has started for Andy.  If I was smarter I would invent a complete product line for ball park survival.  With supplies for when it is 20 below (which most games have been this season) and something to fight the heat when the temperatures climb into the 100 degree plus range.  

I sure wish this picture wasn't blurry in the top corner.  I like it a lot or I like the subject of the photo a lot and I'm not meaning the ball field.  The male in the center is my favorite male on planet earth -- all 6'0" of him.  
My father is still great to help the team out when they are short a player or two.  Matt, the city rec. director is going above and beyond to try and save trips to the emergency room.  The mask is a great idea.  He has also worn shin guards on occasion . . . maybe for Father's Day we should purchase cleats?
The kids are great at finding friends at the ball field.  I felt really comfortable letting them play in this area until I learned the fences have a few gaps behind the pavilion allowing access to the creek which runs down the north boundary of the ball field.  Maybe I should let someone know who has power to fix the problem?
Kyler has a new favorite way of combatting the cold.  As long as he has a blanket in the car he is set.  He convinces Andy to wrap him up tight.  It is a good time for the first few minutes until he realizes he isn't going to be able to squirm his way out.  Funny face-pulling kid!

1 comment:

AndyW said...

Deck the halls with yellow softballs...fa la la la la....

It really is a family event. Thanks Tina for embracing the craziness. Our kids have enjoyed being at the ball fields playing ball, or playing with friends. We are looking forward to some fun times......so long as the snow actually stops coming!