The fifth grade has begun a tradition of completing a May Pole. It is quite impressive to see the cooperation between the students as they weave around and through each other.
Keanna's class did a hula dance and she has potential to become a serious hip shaker. Hopefully she doesn't dedicate too much of her future in pursuit of career as a luau dancer.
Although it failed miserably this year, my favorite part of the spring fling is the dancing which takes place afterwards when the children are invited to do a dance with their parents. This year, thirty seconds into the dance, the sound system failed and the dancing quickly died away. Grandpa Craig was nice enough to lead Kyler, Kaci and Keanna around in their own impromptu version of the snake (no music required).
The biggest miracle might be the fact we were outside without jackets. This spring has felt like winter more often than not and the frequent rain storms have complicated most everything.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Spring Fling
The tradition of having a spring performance for the students and families of Mona Elementary school began in 1983. It was initially a spring "sing" held in the gym/lunch room. This was back in the days when each grade only had one class with less than 30 students. For the last few years the spring sing has evolved into a spring "fling" where each class performs a dance. It is held outdoors on the blacktop. I love going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We certainly have some performers in our family. I know that side of them came from Tina for sure. I'm guessing my parents might have hoped for more performing ability out of me by naming me Andy Williams, but what can I say...I got noth'n.
Post a Comment