The DinoCracker's beat the Hot Shotz and won their first championship.
These two girls know how to play ball and are so much fun to watch.
Memo of Explanation: Andy was only able to watch one game. I'm impressed with his ability to make the right decision instead of the fun one. In the morning, he was at the father and son's camp out with Kyler. He came for the 1 o'clock game and watched Taylei hit her home run as he was leaving at the beginning of the next game. Blessings come when you make good choices. (He left to attend the priesthood leadership session of stake conference).
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Where is the crimson and gold?
I spent the day watching my daughter do what she loves most but not in the manner I'm accustomed to. She was asked to play for the Carbon DinoCrackers in a 10U tournament. We were suppose to spend the day in the yard . . . I have softball fever. I love watching the girls play. My dad suffers from the same fever. He came to Sandy to watch as well.
O.D. was also asked to play. They borrowed uniforms. Pretty funny to see them as Frame and Sorenson. At the beginning of the day I thought black was a really smart uniform color but it shows the dirt quite nicely as well.
In pool play, the Dino's lost game 1 and tied game 2. When the tournament started they kept themselves out of the losers bracket so we had some break time between games. Keanna had a chance to go to a birthday party but she is another fevered member of the family. She didn't even think twice about going to the party she wanted to go to the game. She spent a considerable amount of time in the dug out cheering with the team. If she didn't have a book to her nose she had a mitt on her hand catching flies. She has improved so much this year -- she's got game!
Kyler and Braden -- what more can I say about them. Most of the time they are friends but still have their moments.
Aysen survived a tournament without getting sunburned. He should be awarded "World's Best Ball Park Baby."
Taylei competed in the Pitch, Hit and Run competition and won a birth into the regionals with the best time in the run. Her hit was one of the furthest as well. They played her all over the field including: catcher, pitcher, first base and outfield. She made some awesome plays to get the out and got her first home run! Taylei and O.D. were a great addition to the team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
really you posted that picture of me online? i heard picassa is good at cropping people out of pictures. you should look into that... way to catch up on a blog post. you have some cute kiddos. i wish you had a picture of nan throwing the ball in the air and catching it. that was so fun to watch. and one of braden peeing in the wood chips at the playground would have been good too :).
It was way hard to miss seeing Taylei and Olivia play with the DinoCrackers. I was getting updates throughout the meeting though, so I knew the girls were approaching another first place finish. I was one pleased dad driving off to my meeting after having seen Taylei hit a huge line drive between left and center that gave her a home run. She is such a tough player, and a good example, I can see Keanna following her sisters footsteps. If you are looking for us on the weekends in the next 10 years, you'll find us at the ball fields all over the state of Utah.
Post a Comment