Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dad of the Year Award

At certain times of the year Mona Reservoir has great reflecting power.  Water.  As you travel down I-15 nearing Mona you can see the reflection of a cruise ship.  Or, so the story is told to my blondest of sisters.

This is a smoke stack but not the kind found on cruise ships.  It belongs to Currant Creek Power Plant -- the destination of the 5th grade field trip.
Andy accompanied Taylei on the trip.  I've missed out on quite a few of my normal duties this year but Andy has been amazing, stepping up to the plate whenever I'm unable.
Is it nerdy or cool if they are both using electronic devices during the 3 mile bus trip?
If your bus driver forgets their drivers license, the students get to do a little extra walking.  This place doesn't mess around.
With these glasses I may be leaning a little more towards the nerd status but they would be two of my favorite nerds!

I believe the parents enjoyed this field trip a great deal more than the students.  I'm a little bit jealous I didn't get to go.  I'm so grateful to have my husband.  He cares about me, he cares about our children and he is almost perfect.  As my dad would say, I'm glad he has his one fault: his detestation of onions.


(P.S. Thanks for taking the pictures Lisa!)

1 comment:

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

It was an amazing trip! I learned a ton makes me wish I could go back to school and really learn. Your Welcome on the photos!