Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cap and Gown

Kyler has officially graduated from preschool for the second time!  Wahoo!  Preschool has taught me a thing or two.  My girls both loved preschool.  They began at age 2 and even took from 2 different teachers attending 5 days a week their final year.  

I signed Kyler up for 2 different teachers at age 3.  He HATED it.  I finally decided preschool wasn't important to any eternal salvation, we dropped one class to try and help him feel less overwhelmed.  This helped a little but he still cried as I dropped him off but told me how much he had loved it when I picked him up.  
This year Mrs. Gardner was his teacher.  She lives straight down our road.  Her curriculum included a bug collection, field trips, and nursery rhymes.  She was awesome.  Kyler even went most days without too much of a fight.  Boys and girls are different in so many ways . . . 

We made the decision to NOT send him to kindergarten this year.  He would be the youngest in the class and I want him to excel not struggle.  We can anticipate preschool graduation number 3 . . .As part of the graduation ceremony she presented a short video where she asked the children questions and filmed their answers.  I learned Kyler does have a girlfriend, Terrika is her name (the 12 year age difference won't seem like much in 50 years).  He also wants to be a hunter when he grows up, buffalo hunter to be exact.  Not sure this will be enough income to support a family but I'm pleased he can dream outside the box

Grandma and Grandpa were on hand to celebrate.  They are awesome to support our family.
( The camera batteries ran out on both cameras so the pictures were limited).

1 comment:

AndyW said...

It will be fun to show him these photos when he graduates from high school. And then we can compare and have lots of memories to share about him being little and crazy about buffalo hunting. He sure is at a fun age. He is able to do more and more on his own. And one thing that he enjoys doing is helping around the house. He is so good about grabbing a snow shovel, or a digging shovel whenever there is work to be done. He loves working next to his mom, dad, or grandparents. I sure love this little guy. He has such a fun personality.