Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Love to see the Temple

Isn't this a most beautiful temple?  Our family was able to attend the temple open house of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for the new Draper Temple that will be dedicated in a few weeks.  This is an opportunity that doesn't happen very often.  Once a temple is dedicated only members who hold current temple recommends can enter.  This temple was absolutely beautiful.  This is where the most beautiful ordinances on this earth take place - temple sealings, where families become eternal.  I am so grateful that I know my spouse and my children can be with me for time and all eternity.
What a blessing that my children were able to see the inside of a temple.  The song, "I Love to See the Temple" is now a little more real.  I hope this experience will help them commit in their hearts to live their lives following the teachings of their Saviour, Jesus Christ, that they will be worthy to enter the temple someday.  That they will choose a spouse, be sealed in a holy temple of the Lord and begin an eternal family, in maybe 20 years, when they are older, not quite ready for this yet, but I hope this has helped light a small flame of desire within them.  

2 comments:

Ducksoup said...

wow that temple is beautiful. thanks for sharing, this is the first pic i have seen! i also loved what you wrote about eternal families. whenever i think about sharing the gospel i think i should just tell people how awesome are church is that we can be with our families forever! well, at least if we are righteous :)

Bromleys said...

I wonder if Ashley will get married there... Yeah you heard it she's in love and getting married July 11th. At least if they don't change that.