Andy with help from Paul, Skip and my dad got the interior walls framed. The biggest debate was the shower. Our plan originally called for a walk in shower. The bathroom window wasn't put in the correct place by about a foot which created a debate. Andy decided the shower would have been to small anyways. I now have a non-walk in shower but it is pretty good sized. Andy also made me some pretty cool shelves in our bedroom that I'm going to love. He noticed our bathroom door was going to block our closet so he redesigned to fix the problem.
The windows came and were installed - minus 1 that they forgot. The doors came but they were completely wrong. They were not hinged properly . . . they are supposed to send new. Andy decided to also order an additional window for our current bedroom so the windows will be the same size. The electrician, plumber and hvac people also showed up and we are now ready for our 4-way inspection. The roofer also finished with the shingles. Because of the funny way the roofs meet he wanted to make sure it didn't leak. He stood on the roof with the hose blasting to check for leaks.
Skip came on Saturday with his backhoe and dug out a hole for a window well into Taylei's current bedroom. He helped Andy all day. My dad came and they applied the vapor wrap onto the outside of the house.
We had our bedroom closet plumbed for a future stackable washer and dryer. I don't plan on using it for a few years but when we are old and decrepit it might come in really handy.
The shelves - it isn't too easy to see how they work for my untrained eye but most people probably know more than me.
The bricker got his scaffolding all ready. I think the brick is what I'm most excited about. I wanted him to start the day after the old brick was removed - not quite how it works but it sure sounded good.
The back of the house . . .just waiting for the brick.

2 comments:
Wow! That is really transforming. I can't wait to see it finished!
My goodness, new brick and everything. I am just amazed at all that has been done.
Post a Comment