Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week Two

This week on the home addition things seemed to move really fast and at the same time really slow.  The most important accomplishment of the week was the transplanting of the tulips and daffodils that were starting to bloom in my front flower beds.  Mike Allred removed the brick from the house and was pretty careful not to destroy any but he tells me he doesn't think the brickers will be quite so nice.  In reality, we have to dig a window into the basement.  The window in Taylei's room will be blocked.  They are going to put a new window/window well in one of the flower beds and so those flowers had to be moved as well.  Yesterday was such a wonderful pleasant day - I loved being outside.  I just wish I would have allocated an additional 6 hours to my flower beds . . .   
So the brick is gone and the siding is off on about 1/3 of the house (the siding is missing on the garage).  The brick also arrived on Friday and has been placed around the yard in different stacks.  
The foundation went in - it looks kind of small - maybe I should have went bigger?  The plumber came and put in the rough plumbing.  And a really dump truck came and shot gravel into the basement so it could be level for the floor that is suppose to be completed on Monday.
And then the two pictures I almost forgot to take.  The official dumpster arrived.  Doesn't it just really add to the beauty of the yard?  
And, last but not least, the port-o-potty.  Andy worked from home on Friday and spent some time outside with Kyler and now has an official favorite toilet.  After his third time using it Andy told him he couldn't use it again until Saturday.  I wasn't sure about paying for an outhouse until I was threatened that construction workers would just use my restroom and then the convincing was automatic.
Hopefully by next Sunday the pictures will include framing, no siding and maybe some new brick . . .

3 comments:

Ducksoup said...

awesome! i can't wait to see the finished product and so glad you are posting all along the way. kyler make me laugh that he couldn't get enough of the port-o-potty. that i hilarious! what a cute boy. does it have hand sanitizer in there because otherwise those construction workers are going to be spreading germ all over the place :) love yah tin! i can't wait to see the color of the brick!

Marie Says Yes said...

well, i'm fairly certain that thanks to mary dawn, there is now hand sanitizer in the pot. do you worry about crazy transients peeing in your rented pot? do you ever pee in your rented pot, or just kyler? anyhow, the addition looks like it's going to be awesome. can't wait to see it! p.s. kaylie (k.j.'s fiance) is the daughter of kurt yates (he grew up mostly in mona -- he's a year older then jonnie -- he has two brothers -- his dad was killed in a plane crash and his mom lives in nephi and is really really nice but i can't remember her name but she came to granny's funeral and is too perfect to be 50). anyhow, he and his adorable sanpete wife live acrossed the street from me and next door to jon and trina. hilarious, huh! he's a police officer.
and now i have written a novella in your comment box. you are most welcome.

Bonnie said...

Hey fun! I found your blog through Lisa. I will add you if that is ok! I can't wait to see the fun you are doing to your house...