Sunday, March 1, 2009

Little Orphan Annie

One of Keanna's favorite friends in the whole world is Shaylyn.  Shaylyn happens to have a mom, Alicen, who has an amazingly beautiful voice (have I ever mentioned to anyone that I would really like to know how to sing?).  On one of their play dates Alicen mentioned that the newly formed Nephi Community Theater was going to present the musical, "Annie."  The tryouts for the parts had already been held but there were still orphan spots available.  
Keanna was so excited for this opportunity.  I mentioned it to Taylei not thinking that she would show any interest at all when her face lit up at the opportunity.  At the first practice one of the girls who had gotten a part was too scared and Taylei was lucky enough to be given her role, "July."  Practices were held Tuesdays nights and on a few Saturdays.  The practices went quite long and I kept thinking that Taylei and Keanna would grow weary of all of the time they spent at the auditorium but they never once complained.  They loved every single minute of it.  I told the director that I needed him to help me get the girls to clean their rooms. You see, anything he said was taken to heart and obeyed - even when told to take naps between matinees and evening performances.  
We weren't allowed to take any pictures at the performances.  A professional photographer took pictures and we are supposed to be getting  copy of them soon.  Maybe then I will be able to add a few more pictures to this post.

3 comments:

Ducksoup said...

man that picture really made me homesick for your girls. do you think i can win keanna over again if i'm closer and take her to mcdonalds and the pool? the costumes are so cute and your girls look soooooo grown up!

Jill said...

Hey - Marie would be so PROUD! I bet it was fun for them. Wish I would have know about it and your house addition will be great and I'm glad Coalie is still with us. Love ya most! Aunt Jill

Bromleys said...

I wish I could have been there. I love the play "Annie". Maybe it's cuz I lived with her for so long. They look so cute in that picture.