Her dad helped her cut the shapes so they would all have the same square area. They were supposed to drop the shapes from the roof but it was a really blustery day so they used our new deck instead. They dropped the shapes three times to confirm the data and every time the results were the same.
See how they fall . . .





Her hypothesis ended up being incorrect but she determined this was because the circle had the most effective surface area . . . less edges. Her board turned into a family project -- this is when my scrapbook supplies come in real handy. It turned out really good.
The official school science fair was on Friday. They were judged in the morning and then it was open to the school and families in the afternoon. I thought it went to the end of school and so we showed up with 30 minutes left, just as they were tearing everything down. Taylei actually won an award but she wouldn't smile because she was so disappointed that we had missed it. Andy, my mom and dad, uncle Paul, Kyler and I all showed up ten minutes too late - had we known we would have been their earlier . . . Oops!
4 comments:
oh poor tay. wow, i love the board. great job tayser! looks like the deck is coming in handy already! it was fun to see so many up close shots of it. and who know the circle would win :)
What a clever idea. I'm impressed. I love that you got everyone involved. Good use of scrapbooking supplies.
Oh that my kids could have had as good of parents as you and Andy are. I'm impressed and so proud! Love ya most!
you are a great mom, wow. that is scientific dedication.
Post a Comment