Friday, April 30, 2010

Growing Up . . .

April 21, 2010 was my designated day to let Aysen have his first taste of food from a spoon.  Rice Cereal Day.  Should baby food really be classified as food?  The day came and went and I failed in any cereal attempts. 

When we went to St. George the cereal came along for the ride.  While the kids went to the pool, Aysen denied the spoon with foreign substance.  He showed no interest.  My attempt a few days later yielded the same results.

But today, Aysen's father tried.  Aysen must be showing off for his daddy already.  Andy couldn't put the spoon in his mouth fast enough.  As soon as the spoon left his mouth Aysen made verbal pleas for more.  This small child of mine has no patience.  
His head is barely higher than the high chair tray and he looks like he has no business being placed in the contraption.  I worry he isn't developing fast enough but on the other hand I want him to stay small and cuddly and NEED me.  Why do we always want things which conflict with each other?
Notice how Andy gave up on the tray completely?

1 comment:

AndyW said...

Aysen has come to like being fed. I try to give him a little rice at night, and he takes it well. In fact, he is already trying to grab the spoon out of my hand so he can feed himself. Well...I'm sure not to feed himself, but to grab the spoon because he can. He grabbed ahold and wouldn't let go last night for a minute. He already recognizes when I put the spoon up to his mouth that he needs to open big. He is a good eater, maybe it will help him chub out a bit so he can actually register higher than the 0 percentile.

And yes....he is still a bit small for the high chair. I prefer to feed him in the bounce chair or the car seat. Seems to work much better.