Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Aquarium

Today I ignored my responsibilities at home and took Kyler (along with Aysen and Grandma Lou, who sluffed work) on a field trip to see Mary Dawn.  She reminds me almost daily that the road between Salt Lake and Nephi goes BOTH directions.  Imagine that?  There were no deadlines today, not that I didn't have a few dozen obligations, just nothing that HAD to be done.   At least nothing before 3 pm when I planned on being home.

Mary Dawn had already made plans to attend The Living Aquarium in Sandy and we decided to join her.  Isn't Mary Dawn so pretty?
Braden and Mary Dawn have annual passes to the aquarium.  Braden is even brave enough to touch the stingrays.  I wasn't and neither was Kyler but Grandma Lou did. 
Kyler's favorite things to see were the snake (a green anaconda) and the octopus.  I liked the octopus, it was extremely active while we were watching it and totally fascinating.
The aquarium had many fun places to have pictures taken (the little boy in front of Kyler was on a play date with Braden).  My camera is new and maybe if I actually took fifteen minutes to skim the manual I could actually learn how to have my pictures turn out better.
Kyler and Grandma Lou got annual passes to the aquarium.  They are excited to go again.  Maybe we will even get a few pictures with some of the fish next time.
P.S. -- We didn't make it home by 3 pm, I had to farm out some of my commitments (thanks Lisa) and delay the finished product on others.  I DID get a professional picture of Aysen taken though so hopefully it was worth it.  I guess I'll know in a day or two when I get the pictures and find the time to make up for playing.

2 comments:

Ducksoup said...

pretty sweet photos tin. i may have to steal a few. i never get that many cool ones. thanks for going though. that was pretty adventurous of you to take your little babe out in public.

AndyW said...

The aquarium looks really fun. I know Kyler sure talked it up. Since he has been back he pesters me everyday to go fishing. ;-) Hoping he isn't thinking of catching an octopus or a sting ray.