Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine Boxes

Valentine Boxes -- what a tradition.
Our boxes this year were pretty simple but stressed both of my girls out.  At 8:30 am this morning I realized Kyler needed a valentine box for his preschool party.  I had exactly 30 minutes to make one, finish his valentines and to have him ready.  I cut a whole in a shoe box then wrapped it with red polka dotted wrapping paper, cut one heart, put his name on it using stickers and out the door he went  -- I believe he was even on time.  Too bad the girls aren't that easy.

Keanna redecorated Kyler's box.  We added ribbon and lots more hearts.  I kept cutting them until she decided she had enough.

Taylei was getting so frustrated -- she was sure I would fail her and she wouldn't have anything to take to school (probably because it was 10:30 pm).  She chose to use a perfume box we had saved.  It was the right color and everything.  The scrapbook supplies I have spent half a fortune purchasing come in handy with these kind of projects.

As a post-note:

Taylei examined all the boxes brought to her classroom and judged hers as the BEST.  So, even though I was up for the worst mom of the year award I had redemption.

I was also in charge of her class party at school.  We played the candy bar game and the M&M game and when it was over I was also told it was the most fun she has had at a class party.  I may now be awarded the mother of the year.  NOT, but at least for a few minutes I was headed in the right direction. 
 

No comments: