Taylei snug -- check. She seems to be making sure her headboard doesn't get up and disappear during the night but snug nonetheless.
Keanna snug -- check. She wiggles and wiggles and wiggles in the night but seems to be at peace and resting well.
Aysen snug -- check. Not quite in a conventional bed per say but he prefers to sleep while he is being held. So, in his world, all is perfect and he will be content until I move him from my belly into his bassinet.
Kyler snug -- NOT. This is not a conventional place to nap, sleep or even rest. I was giving Paul and Andy haircuts and when I finished this is what we found. He obviously doesn't need a bed any longer, not when my cluttered scrapbook table can do the job. His bed is now up for bid. Since he spends most of his nights in our bedroom sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag maybe we should rent out his room as well.
Or, maybe he has more Sperry blood than Williams blood in him. Sperry's have been known to be able to sleep anywhere. It is obvious this qualifies. Andy is always good to put himself to bed. When we were first married and I would fall asleep on the couch he would come and wake me and send me to bed. I do prefer bed sleep now even though I spent my teenage years sleeping on the couch with the television on and snooze timer set.
An extra picture so you can see he his sleeping soundly. He was watching Bolt -- falling asleep during movies is another Sperry trait. I might could gather enough facts to prove my hypothesis.
75% of our children were nestled all snug and such. Not quite enough to make it a true statement. Kyler was transferred (as Mary Dawn would say) to his bed by Paul and slept great. If no one comes to wake me during the night I might could say visions of sugar plums danced in their heads . . .
2 comments:
Zeak would love to rent out Kyler's bedroom. Just maybe that would help the both of them sleep in their beds all night and not on our bedroom floors or crying themselves to sleep or worse yet sleeping on the scrapbook table. Adorable post!
It really boils down to how tired you are. Approaching the complete exhaustion state tends to make any position a sleepable one. The same theory applies on fast Sunday. After fasting for 2 meals, when it is time to eat, anything tastes good. Tina always teases me that on the break fast meal, I always rave about how good it is. Well, I was extremely hungry and at that particular moment, my taste buds could handle anything.
I admitted to Tina that when I was in high school, I would always fall asleep at the bottom of my parents bed watching Bob Newhart. I also liked very much to fall asleep on the couch watching a movie. So I don't really think it is so much a Sperry thing....
As far as Tina always wanting to sleep on the couch when we first got married, that is a true story. But the reason was because I snored so much. Now she sleeps with ear muffs. Tina's big adjustment with sleep habits is she doesn't sleep with socks on anymore!!!!
Post a Comment