Friday, February 26, 2010

Uncle Paul . . .

This post is a shout out to my little brother Paul Marlo the 1st!

He has been a serious amount of help to me, my children and my husband as of late and I'm going to document the fact we think he is a stud.

Andy wasn't able to make it to Taylei's basketball team's practice (his excuse was totally legit -- he went to the temple with the youth to help with baptism's for the dead).  Paul covered the practice for him.  I'm sure double blessings will be poured out upon both of them.

Taylei was driven to her pitching clinic one week by Uncle Paul -- not only did he provide transportation for her to Salt Lake he also put his body in harms way by catching for her.  I know in the first 5 minutes she had hit him 3 times.  This leads one to wonder -- was she having problems and throwing a little wild or was he just not able to handle her speed?  (I know if it would have been me the latter statement would have been true).  It truly was so nice for him to take her especially when he was on his way to Cedar City for the night and didn't get to leave until after 9:30 pm.

Paul is also a member of the coaching staff for Steeler Softball.  He comes to practices, he comes to team parties and just before our first tournament game my mother reported he was too nervous to eat dinner.  He is addicted.  He is putting forth extra effort to increase his coaching knowledge and is keeping a great stat book.
September 2008
Of all Paul's pictures I'm must jealous of this one -- Andy travelled to NYC for work, Paul went along.  While there they took a little side trip to Boston and watched a Red Sox game in Fenway.   This happens to be on my bucket list, it is the most amazing baseball stadium!
November 2009
Paul knows how to be serious.  He knows how to have fun.  He worries about the world we live in.  He has a testimony of the Savior and a desire to do what is right.
August 2009
Paul also forgets he's human and takes no precautions when he climbs onto the roof of our barn -- no helmet, no shoes and no safety rope.  I'm hoping my insurance agent never sees this picture or my premiums may double.  We love you little Bro.

5 comments:

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

Dito we think Paul is great to. He is on the roof because he was helping our children retrieve a ball or frisbee or something we were all playing with. He really is great with the kids in more ways than one. His example of living a Christ Like Life I,as a mom of kids who look up to Uncle Paul, am so grateful for. Your awesome Paul!

Ducksoup said...

for sure, this kid is always helping someone. he makes me feel cool because he visits me the most of all my siblings. i'm pretty sure it's because he likes my husband though, not because of me. and just to set the record straight, he left for cedar that night after 11:00 PM. yikes :).

Tink said...

Paul is a stud! We sure love having him around. Although I'm pretty sure he cheats at hand and foot! But we love him anyway. :-)

AndyW said...

We do have a lot of fun with Uncle Paul. He is a good friend, and has been way good to help me out on many, many occasions. From coaching, to helping with remodels, and buffering some of those computer issues at work. I'm excited to have him help coach our accelerated softball team, I was a little worried about him catching the fire of it since he didn't actually have a kid on the team, and...it is only 10 year old girls. But after the first tournament he is already after me to know why we have to wait until April to play another one. LOL, he is addicted already...

Thanks Paul for all your help, I enjoy your friendship, and I appreciate all that you are!

Gail said...

I dito all the comments. Paul is a great young man. Just a side note Tina - Marlow is spelled with a w at the end.