Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In Comparison

My father is holding David and Matt is holding Aysen.  The Wilkey's stopped at our home this evening and brought their newborn to meet our newborn.  Aysen was due December 23 and David on December 31 -- an eight day difference.  They both had their own ideas on when they would arrive, Aysen early and David late, creating a six week gap.

David is bigger.  We decided we wanted to know how much bigger and so we found the bread scales for one last weigh in.  
At one time, Aysen didn't fill up the bowl in any way.  Now he barely fits.  His official weight, 9 pounds 4 ounces -- he has more than doubled himself in less than 3 months -- what an accomplishment.

David weighed 10 pounds 12 ounces.  He wins the heavy weight competition but one of these days Aysen will catch up.  When they get a little older I'm sure we will be in for double trouble.

1 comment:

AndyW said...

Aysen is such a cute little fella. It has really stressed me out that he has been sick lately. I'm pleased to say that he is getting better, and he is growing just great. I got to play with him a little last night and was excited to see him take it all in and actually crack a few smiles for me. Aysen has been our toughest baby. He sure has been through a lot, and it amazes me how well prepared they come to this earth to face challenges from the git'go. I get so stressed when he struggles, but he ends up being tougher than I expect....