Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back to Life

After 4 months 21 days we have decided to resume a normal schedule. Today, as a family, we went to church. All 6 of us for the complete 3 hour block.

And as a side note . . .

I'm still waiting for a new family picture. Today would have been a perfect day since we were all sporting our Sunday best. The daffodils are in full bloom presenting a perfect backdrop for some outdoor photos but the weather is still too chilly for my fair-skinned bundle of joy. The girls also changed from their new Easter dresses quicker than quick.

Andy and the boys did fall victim of an impromptu indoor photo shoot. I snapped over 30 images and nothing was extra impressive. It wasn't any easier to get a good picture of Andy than of Aysen. Shouldn't he be old enough to smile and focus 100% of the time? Have I ever mentioned I want to learn how to take photographs? How to capture real life moments? My home is full of empty frames waiting for pictures I deem worthy. When will I take my desires and turn them into reality? So much easier to say than to do.

One photo turned out (I hate to admit Andy took it) . . .

It is my new favorite photograph. It tells a story. This will be the picture I use IF I can ever take a class on how to do a little digital touch-up. It is almost perfect but with a little more it could be amazing.

Can you see the love?

I'm blessed. A healthy family, disposible diapers, warm home, money for clothing, plenty to eat, and children who have so much to smile about!

This summer the frames will be filled . . . another goal.

4 comments:

Bromleys said...

Cute boy pics! Oh and by the way Lucy keeps asking about Brooklyn too. Not that she remembers her name. Lets definitely get them together. I'll come up this summer.

Ducksoup said...

started my photography class on monday... maybe you could still sign up :). cute pics of your boys. love the smile on aysen's face while kyler is holding him - - so cute. the easter outfits look great. i'm glad you are an active church goer again :)

Marie Says Yes said...

what is with the chinese people commenting on random blogs? (unless of course, you speak chinese. which would not surprise me).

i just read your post on hilary weeks. i think you should write that blog. seriously, i think that is what makes a powerful writer is honesty. and oh boy, would i follow that blog! and i wouldn't even know it was you. cool.

Diane said...

I keep checking your blog for an update - no such luck yet! So consider this an encouraging comment begging for a post!