Monday, April 26, 2010

A day . . .

  
If you look closely under Aysen's eyes and across the bridge of his nose you will see a pink tint. He has officially had his first sun burn. He was in the shade 90% of the day Saturday. I didn't get burned so how did he? My only theory: we tried to make it so he was able to see in the shade and the sun must have reflected onto his cheeks. He wasn't burned on his arms, forehead or ears. He even started to peel . . . He is getting so big. Too soon he will be old enough to have sunscreen lathered on . . . I get excited when he develops and achieves something new but it also breaks my heart to know he won't be little for very long.
While Aysen slept this afternoon, Kyler was killing two birds with one stone -- basketball and jumping. I filmed him taking his shots to upload for your viewing pleasure but I'm not smart enough to get it to work. We also played our first game of pig -- I won. I don't even feel bad about defeating a four year old, he will perfect his shot shortly and I'll never beat him again.
I have given up purchasing Kyler clothing made of denim. He likes basketball shorts and why fight it . . . comfort is important, he is smiling, life is good!

3 comments:

Ducksoup said...

such cute boys. i'd keep them both if you'd let me. poor little aysen with that sunburn. and can i just say kyler's room is absolutely spotless. wow.

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

If that is the worst sunburn Aysen ever gets you will be doing great. As for the video I finally figured it out. You have to go to youtube create it on their site and then link it to your blog. Good Luck! Love your boys!

AndyW said...

This picture of Kyler and Aysen made me smile. I love watching Kyler bounce around and have fun. As posted in an earlier post, I think it is cool when Kyler jumps. I've even let him jump from about 6 stairs high in the basement. He has great athletic ability, and has pushed his limits. I'm glad it hasn't been to far, no med bills yet.

I felt way bad for Aysen when he had his shiny cheeks. I wonder if he even noticed any difference in how his cheeks felt. He is so dang cute, it really is fun to have him in our family! I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to be a jumper like his brother.