Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday is a special day . . .

There seems to be a pattern to our Saturday's as of late and one word describes it: Busy!

7:30 am: Begin to cook (yes, a hot breakfast) complete with french toast, buttermilk syrup and hash browns for the masses. O.K. - only 17 of us but anything more than a dozen seems a little daunting.

8:30 am: Work on the ward newsletter, the deadline is tomorrow. I admit procrastination on my part but waiting for material from ward members is the bigger battle.

9:45 am: Realize the day is too beautiful to be spent inside looking at a computer screen. The dirt and weeds are calling. The red hot poker bush is in immediate danger.

11:00 am: Andy utilizes his fathers problem solving skills to determine why our barn is without power.

11:30 am: My father arrives, showing off his latest harvest. Kyler ran for the truck.

Kyler was quite hesitant to be too close the the kill. He was curious as can be but his caution was greater.
He examined it from a close proximity but was still hesistant to make contact. Who do you think is longer?

Please don't judge me for my grass -- I keep hoping the recent snow storms which blanket my lawn will melt away and take the weeds with it leaving a deep shade of green, thick grass.

Kyler finally warmed up to the turkey. He touched the beak and even held the head but stood his ground and refused to hold the tail fan.

1:05 pm: After a quick lunch we headed to American Fork to help Andy's brother, Jeff and family move. We captured Ty to hang out with Kyler and sent Taylei and Keanna with the Durbin's to a BYU/Utah softball game.

4:30 pm: By this time, Ty was bored. I decided to take him and Kyler for a shopping adventure. We made it just in time for some Costco samples.

8:45 pm: We head home. I still have to finish the previously mentioned newsletter.

10:00 pm: Arrive at home from trading children with the Durbin's.

11:15-11:45 pm: Time spent at the ward library copying the newseltter and bulletin. This is quite a bit later than I like to be in this building. I made Andy visit with me on the phone until I was safely back to my vehicle.

Midnight plus: Staple newsletters and enter dreamland!

2 comments:

Ducksoup said...

now i know why you called me on saturday at 11:15. sorry i was already in bed... i'd be scared going into the church at any hour - - but after dark especially.

Ducksoup said...

and i'm glad you blog because the rest of the world is struggling (including myself)...