Do you ever ponder your relationship with your Savior and Redeemer? Do you ever feel like you are the only mom on the planet who doesn't have her complete act together? Do you wonder if the Holy Ghost speaks to you? Sometimes I think of starting a new blog. One where I express more of the innermost feelings and desires of my heart. The blog would not have any pictures of me or my family. I would want my authorship to be a mystery to the world. It would inspire phone calls between housewives, create international movements and most importantly, people would not know I was writing it and wouldn't judge me, good or bad, for my thoughts.
Hilary was a real person. She admits her imperfections. She acknowledges the hand of the Lord can only guide her when she allows it. She has a beautiful voice and I'm not ashamed to admit I covet it. (Why can't the voice you hear inside yourself be the voice the world hears?)
I can be better. I will be better. I came home tonight wanting to wake up as a new person with a new set of goals: out of bed by 6 am, pray from the discomfort of my laminate floor to stay more focused, family scripture study, cooked breakfast for children, sack lunch made for Andy, 30 minutes of exercise, shower, dressed with make-up all before 8:30 am. Nothing on this list is impossible but I might have more success if I work on creating one habit at a time.
I wonder if I made my goals public, would I accomplish more?
Tonight it will be tucking my children into bed and kissing them good night. Whether they are awake or asleep, I can send them into dreamland with a touch of my love. It only takes 21 days to form a habit, right?
1 comment:
21 days is all? huh, i might need to make a few new goals myself. hilary is beautiful. wow. i covet her beauty :). let me know how that 6:00 am is going. i should work on some mornings in my life.
Post a Comment