Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Great Wall . . .

As we were leaving Grandma and Grandpa St. George's (as my children know them) home Kyler and Josie climbed on the wall to say their final good byes.  If Kyler ever finds himself off of the ground he jumps back to earth.  Sometimes he lands like a cat and others aren't quite as graceful.  I know this makes his father happy.  When Andy and I were dating a year or twelve ago he told me how his cousin who was only 2 or 3 would jump off of the classroom tables at church and land it perfectly every time.  Andy was proud to be related to someone with these abilities.  Now his son jumps.  Who knew this would create such joy for the father while the mother only sees future medical bills.
This picture is a re-enactment.  Not as good as the original pose but before I could get my camera they quit discovering.  Josie and Kyler have a great time together.  On Friday afternoon they found an earth worm in need of a home.  They made a great mound of dirt and decorated the base with sand box toys.  I hear it was quite artistic but grandma wasn't so excited when she learned this was the location her armenian cucumbers WERE planted. 
In gratitude for his new palace, maybe the worm will push the seeds back to the required depth and spacing and grandma will be pleasantly surprised with her best crop of cucumbers yet!  One can dream or I better just plan on sharing my cucumbers with her.

1 comment:

Bromleys said...

I like the re-enactment, their faces crack me up. Oh, and I went back and read about your snail. I might trade sparky in for a snail or slug.

Also, no clue on the Chinese or Japanese writing.