Practice was on Monday night in a wind/rain storm. Kyler woke up early this morning and found Andy in the basement working out. He encouraged his dad to GET TO WORK. He knew practice was when dad got home which in his mind computed to the sooner he starts work the sooner practice will be held.
Tuesday was game number 1. Andy is the coach. Andy had a stake activity. I coached the first game. I should have had stronger moral courage and got out of the car at practice the day before. I'm doubting I would have melted, contracted hypothermia or been blown to a different time zone but I still didn't risk it. The difficulties coaching increase exponentially when you don't know the names of your team members. On the other hand, it is t-ball. There are no outs, no score and no reason to worry too much.
Ninety percent of all hits go to the pitcher in this t-ball league. Kyler broke the rules and hit a line drive to right field. As he would say, "It was awesome." He was even the last batter so he could keep running. He was to third base before it was fielded and scored a genuine home run. One of the grandma's watching was quite impressed and asked his age. I explained he was only four but when this is your life you expect these kind of hits out of the kid.
Fenway here we come. Now I'll just have to decide if I want seats on the green monster or right behind the plate.
1 comment:
woohoo Kyler! Woohoo Tina you blogged!
Post a Comment