Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trees are Terrific

For a few days last month Keanna lost her reading focus and her attention turned towards art.  Mermaidia, from watching the movies or sketching her own.  She also had a desire to use her artistic ability to win the Arbor Day Poster Contest.
Today she brought home an award.  Unbeknownst to me she must have been a finalist at the school level and her poster was sent to the state competition where she received an honorable mention.

This is another proof that you can accomplish your dreams.  If you put your heart and soul into something who knows where you'll end up.  Congratulations Keanna -- I love you no matter if you choose to become an artist, a teacher, a doctor or an editor.  Aim for the stars . . .

3 comments:

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

way to go Keanna!

AndyW said...

she was sure into art there for awhile. She even wrote 3 books with illustrations. One of them being how to draw something. We still have mermaid pictures all over our fridge. I love when Keanna puts her mind to something, she goes all out. She is full of determination.

Bromleys said...

That's cool! What a talented little chick! Oh and don't feel bad about the sunburn thing I couldn't even tell. I however got fried today. I wonder if I'd go good with rice. Just a thought.