As he ages, the pepper is losing the battle to the salt.
If you look closely his hair is actually thinning.
I wrote a story about Keanna: She loved to go and visit her grandpa at his office. She established a routine when there. Find grandpa and ask with hand held out, "Bampa, money?" He always had a quarter and she would head to the candy machine for a treat.
I loved the vending machines as a child. I used to earn $2 an hour working for my mom. I calculated quickly I only had to work 15 minutes to earn a 40 cent candy bar. Candy bars and Big Gulps seemed much larger when I was 10.
Back to Bampa . . . We love him, we love bucking bull rides, we love going to the cabin, we love vacationing with him, we love his interest and coaching support of Steeler ball, we love to eat at One Man Band with him, we eat his ham and bean soup (sometimes love said soup but sometimes it is just edible). We know he supports us and will gladly aid us in anyway. He has been a great help with our remodels, from picking up debris to laying our tile flooring. He loves to be home and is antsy when he sits at our home for more than a few minute after any meal but we all have our funny quirks.
He loves his family and loves to be surrounded with not only his children and grand children but also his extended family and adopted family. He has said he could be like the Walton's. He would love to have us all living under one roof. His home is always open to visitors if they want to stay for 1 hour or 1 week. He enjoys people.
I love you dad and I'm so grateful for your example. I wish you a happy year full of growth, love, family and good health.
No comments:
Post a Comment