A few weeks ago, Andy received a phone call from the cubmaster of the Mona 1st ward requesting his services at an Arrow of Light ceremony. Zeak had earned his award and was requesting Andy's services. The Mona 1st and 2nd wards have a tradition involving compound bows when presenting this award. The ceremony has evolved over the years and its current form consists of shooting an arrow through 7 helium balloons with one shot.
Andy gets very nervous each time and the sweat begins to drip down his face. He hasn't missed yet which I'm grateful for in so many, many ways.

In years past, when archery was his current obsession,
Andy spent many hours in this position.

Us girls got into a serious word find competition. I love word finds. They could be listed as one of my previous obsessions. I seem to cycle through them like Andy. I really should find something and embrace it for life, become an expert. The piano would have been a good option. I have heard some people play lately that move my soul. I would love to get such feeling out of those 88 keys. "Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater" is my current specialty.

Grandma Lou is good to support
not only her grandchildren
but the extra adopted ones as well.

Andy usually attaches a balloon directly to the target and with a kids bow and an arrow the recipients of the Arrow of Light award are given an opportunity to pop it. The balloon didn't make it but the bow did and Andy gave Zeak a few pointers.

Taylei never wants to be outdone.
She had to get in on the competition.

Congratulations Zeak -- we are proud of you!
Keep up the good work.
We do expect an Eagle Ceremony in your future.

2 comments:
Thanks Williams' for your support and Andy thanks for being willing to share your talent and help Zeak out. For sure there will be an eagle in a few years and hopefully we will have the same support group then. You guys are awesome and we are so greatful to have you in our lives.
So, does anyone else notice the difference in angle that Zeak holds the bow for his shot compared to Taylei? Is Taylei really that much shorter? Maybe Taylei was aiming at the top spots and zeak was aiming at the bottom ones??? That can't be, I know they were aiming at the center dot. Well, it is a little bit of an illusion, because of the form. Taylei is pulling the bow and anchoring at her chin. Zeak lines the arrow up to his eye...well because his arms are longer than Taylei's and he can't pull the bow into his chin. Anyway, it was fun, they both shot very well. Zeak got to shoot first, and being as competitive as Taylei is, she noted where he hit on the target and then rushed forward to show him that she could do better. This ofcourse didn't settle well with Zeak and he wanted another go. I really wish Zeak would get a bow for Easter...and they would shoot together. I can imagine they would both be excellent shots in a hurry as they try to outdo each other. In fact, along those lines I think I'll teach Zeak to play softball...this will really get Taylei going!!!! lol
Post a Comment