Keanna was thrilled to invite an audience to Mrs. Feaman's 2nd grade class's official version of "The Ant and Grasshopper Show" and "City Kids, Country Kids." Her class has been learning about fables and these were classic tales with a modern twist. Keanna was lucky to be included in two as the Narrator and Cassie, a country kid. The purpose was to work on vocal expression with some facial interaction and hand gestures.

Keanna had the largest audience support - 13! I was so glad they had room for all of us.

Ken, Yumiko and crew are the best kind of guests. I pulled out sandwich supplies for lunch as I headed out the door to retrieve my children from their dentist appointments. They took care of making sandwiches and the clean up. The Wilkey's are as close to family as you can get without sharing blood and we love having them around.
Years ago the Wilkey's lived with us while they were preparing their home in Nephi for occupancy. My parents home, in which we now live, had 15 people living in it and never once felt crowded. Grandma Ewell had a saying, "Where there's love, there's room." This applies to our relationship with the Wilkey family. I'm ready to host a reunion . . .
As part of the Nephi experience we took our guests to Andy/Paul/Mona3rdWards/JuabTitle's Championship Basketball game. Our team won! Ken cheered and cheered when anyone from our team scored. Such enthusiasm!

We loved having our international visitors and welcome them back -- too bad it will be another 10 years before Ken has extended vacation. I need to figure out how to finance a trip to see them, or maybe I could send Taylei and Keanna for a home stay experience . . .
1 comment:
Funny that you put Mona3rd ward, when it is mostly Mona2nd ward....did you forget what ward your in??? Playing basketball was fun, but it is mostly fun because these guys are good friends. We also build a team for softball using the same group of guys. We have fun, which is more important than winning. Although, lately we've had fun doing both!
I didn't get to make it to the readers theater, but I'm glad to hear Keanna had lots of support. She is an amazing reader, and I'm glad that she was able to participate. She lives for this kind of thing!
Post a Comment