Friday, March 5, 2010

Speed Dial #2

This little guy was once sweet and innocent.  Gradually, over time, he grew, both in body and mind.  Sometimes he is witty and other days he whines.  Today he was angry.  This anger was not directed at me and so I giggled inwardly as I listened to him try to communicate his feelings to his father, the target of his tirade. 
Kyler --  6 Months Old
Andy left this morning with his daughters in tow.  Novell teamed up with Sundance to provide a discount to the resort.  Even though the girls should have been in school sometimes in the name of extra-curricular learning they get to miss a day.

Kyler woke up after they were well on their way.  I know in his mind this was just a normal day, dad at work and sisters in school until I made a phone call to excuse their absence.  After I hung up he computed for a moment.  He realized he had been left and this was not acceptable.

Normally I would have explained to him why he wasn't included.  The ski trip 4 weeks earlier had proven his lack of interest.  He would have made it down the slope once and been ready to go into the condo, watch movies and munch on junk.  This time there was no condo but I also didn't have to explain . . .

He grabbed my "little" phone and pushed 2 for his father.  When Andy picked up he received an earful.  He was being told in no uncertain terms he was to come back and get Kyler.  Andy, as always, was patient and tried to help Kyler feel better.  He even tried to change the subject and plan a future fishing trip.  He passed the phone to Taylei, to Keanna and Uncle Paul each taking a turn dealing with the dramatic heartache.  They would eventually convince him to end the call but to the dismay of the outdoor enthusiasts, within 30 seconds, the phone would ring again.  The pattern repeated almost a dozen times.  I did half-heartedly tell him to quit calling while smiling within.

Andy thought Kyler was clever last weekend when he hijacked my phone for the trip to St. George.  This time the roles were reversed.  A comical situation on my end was not viewed with the same amount of pleasure by my husband.  Turn around is fair play, isn't that how the saying goes?

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

sooooo funny! does he know my speed dial? i better be a speed dial at least. he has been calling me more lately :)