Tuesday, March 30, 2010
The Price of Fun
Tonight the children weren't off to the races but were enjoying each others company. The game was a classic and it didn't involve anything electronic, expensive or "as seen on tv." It did require one material article, a simple pink balloon given to Taylei as part of her birthday celebration at school.
Even though they were all on the same team the competition was intense. The goal was to keep the balloon in the air. The extra rules to make it more of a challenge: the balloon could not touch the couch AND no double hits. Each hit was counted until a rule was broken and then the count began again.
I believe they made it into the upper 30's for continuous hits. The game did end how most do, someone got hurt. I guess when you are giving it your all it is bound to happen.
Aysen sat with me and watched them play. I know the time will come too soon when I'm no longer holding him. He will be right in the middle of the competition. They grow up too quickly.
As a side note: The wind blew today. Then it blew some more and more and more and even more. It blew so hard Andy even cancelled Steeler practice. I'm told the gusts were 40-50 miles per hour. I'm wondering if my seeds are still in the earth or if they have been blown to Utah county? All of my fresh tilled, properly prepared dirt contributed to the poor air quality. There were so many particulates in the air the view of the mountain was blocked. I can say I tried and the grasshoppers might not be my biggest nemesis after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Balloon games are fun. One of my favorites was balloon volleyball. We'd setup a couple chairs, and maybe a blanket between them. Then we'd play volleyball. The spikes can be vicious. It also helps to make you feel like a good player because the ball doesn't make it to the floor very often!
Post a Comment